We love our guests and want you to have a fantastic time visiting Salted Vines Vineyard & Winery. To help you plan your visit, we’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions we receive.
What Delaware laws do I need to know about wineries?
- By Federal law, NO outside Alcoholic Beverages are permitted on the premises.
- Unfinished bottles of wine that have been recorked by Salted Vines staff MAY be taken off the premises.
- At this time, Delaware allows glasses of wine and slushies in to-go containers issued by Salted Vines, to be taken off the premises.
- Bar stools are not allowed at the tasting bar, except for cases where a visitor has medical or handicap needs.
Are you still requiring masks?
We are no longer requiring our staff or guests to wear masks, however we do understand that some guests may not feel comfortable yet or may not be vaccinated and require a mask, so please let staff know your level of comfort!
Will I be carded?
Yes. Please be sure to have valid ID with you or we will not be able to serve you or allow you near the bar.
When is your last call?
We take our last drink orders 15 minutes before closing time.
Do you serve other alcohol besides wine?
On a daily basis, we serve our wine/wine slushies, and when availble, select Delaware craft beer.
Is smoking allowed on the property?
Smoking of any kind is prohibited on the property.
Who is allowed in the winery?
- Children are welcome but must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. Anyone under the age of 21 is not allowed at the tasting bar. SVV&W does not take responsibility for accident or injury caused to children who are not properly supervised.
- Leashed, well-behaved dogs are allowed on the winery property and on our patios, but not inside the tasting room building. Please be sure to clean up after them (thank you!).
Do you serve food?
- In season and during special events, we often have a food truck on-site. Check our calendar for more information.
- We offer local cheese from Chesapeake Bay Farms and Chesapeake Gold (while supplies last).
- We offer local, hand-made chocolates to pair with our wine from Taste-D’s Custom Chocolates (while supplies last).
- You are welcome to bring in your own food. Please be courteous and clean up tables when you are finished with them (thank you!).
What can I bring to the winery?
- Outside non-alcoholic beverages in sealed containers. Please do not bring beverages that are in re-usable containers like Tervis Tumblers since we are unable to determine the contents.
- You are more than welcome to bring lawn chairs, folding tables and blankets for outdoor use.
- Weather permitting, tents and umbrellas that are properly secured without damage to the property are welcome.
- Balls and Frisbees are not permitted near the parking lot and seating areas.
Is there any seating available?
Yes, an assortment of indoor and outdoor tables and seating are available on a walk-in, first come first served basis provided that the respective facilities are not reserved for a special event. Please do not move or rearrange our tables or move chairs from one table to another. Thank you.
Is your facility handicap accessible?
Yes, our tasting room and restrooms are handicap accessible.
What hotels do you recommend that are close by?