We love our guests and want you to have a fantastic time visiting Salted Vines Vineyard & Winery. To help you plan your visit, we’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions we receive.
What Delaware laws do I need to know about wineries?
- Outside Beverages are never permitted on the premises.
- Unfinished bottles of wine that have been recorked by Salted Vines staff MAY be taken off the premises.
- Glasses of wine or frozen wine slushies MAY NOT be taken off the premises.
- Bar stools are not allowed at the tasting bar, except for cases where a visitor has medical or handicap needs.
Will I be carded?
Yes. Please be sure to have valid ID with you or we will not be able to serve you or allow you near the bar.
When is your last tasting?
We take our last tastings 30 minutes before closing time.
Do you serve other alcohol besides wine?
On a daily basis, we only serve our wine, however, by Delaware law we are permitted to sell other Delaware craft beer and spirits for on-site consumption. If we opt to serve these other beverages for private events and/or public special events we will include that in the details on our event calendar.
Who is allowed in the winery?
- Children are welcome but must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. Anyone under the age of 21 is not allowed at the tasting bar. SVV&W does not take responsibility for accident or injury caused to children who are not properly supervised.
- Leashed dogs are allowed outside the tasting room only. Please be sure to clean up after them (thank you!).
Do you serve food?
- We offer cheese plates featuring local cheeses from Chesapeake Bay Farms (while supplies last).
- We offer local, hand-made chocolates to pair with our wine from Taste-D’s Custom Chocolates (while supplies last).
- During special events, we may have a food truck on-site. Check our calendar for more information.
Is there any seating available?
Yes, an assortment of indoor and outdoor tables and seating are available on a first come first served basis provided that the respective facilities are not reserved for a special event.
What can I bring to the winery?
- Guests are welcome to bring picnics/food to enjoy outside. Due to space limitations in the tasting room, food is not permitted inside unless it is not busy or SVV&W staff has given prior approval. Please be courteous and clean up tables when you are finished with them (thank you!).
- You are more than welcome to bring lawn chairs, folding tables and blankets for outdoor use.
- Balls and Frisbees are not permitted near the parking lot and seating areas.
Can we do our tasting outside?
No, all tastings are done at our tasting bar, with the exception of those scheduled as part of a special event.
Is your facility handicap accessible?
Yes, our tasting room and restrooms are handicap accessible.
Where is the closest hotel?
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites is the closest hotel and is located on the boardwalk and ocean front in Bethany Beach.